The Documentation of CPaaS
NeuAPIX allows to easily build fast, reliable and secure voice applications that let you make, manage, route and scale calls to a browser or any phone.
- Programmatically make and receive voice calls in your application. Using this REST API, you can make outgoing calls, modify calls in progress, and query metadata about calls
- Build apps that scale with the web technologies that you are already using.
- Bring personalized call experiences to your customers quickly with the help of our handy drag and drop Visual Designer.
- NeuAPIX enables you to stay in control of call quality in bringing your own carrier.
- Quickly interconnect any existing Voice system and handle advanced call control or call transfer with NeuAPIX.
- Record and store inbound or outbound calls
- Create and manage conference calls
- Send text-to-speech messages
- Integrate speech recognition that translates audio-to-text
All URLs referenced in the documentation have the following base:
The NeuAPIX RESTful APIs are served over HTTPS. To ensure data privacy, unencrypted HTTP is not supported.
- NeuAPIX API - AvailablePhoneNumbers
- NeuAPIX API – Calls
- NeuAPIX API – Clients
- NeuAPIX API - Conference Management
- NeuAPIX API - Conference Participants Management
- NeuAPIX API – IncomingPhoneNumbers
- NeuAPIX API – Recordings
RCML is a set of instructions you can use to tell NeuAPIX what to do when you receive an incoming call or SMS.
When someone makes a call to one of your NeuAPIX numbers, NeuAPIX will look up the URL associated with that phone number and make a request to that URL. NeuAPIX will read RCML instructions at that URL to determine what to do: record the call, play a message for the caller, prompt the caller to press digits on their keypad, etc.
RCML is similar to HTML. Only one RCML document is rendered to the caller at once, but many documents can be linked together to build complex interactive SMS applications.
NeuAPIX’s request to your application
NeuAPIX makes HTTP requests to your application just like a regular web browser, in the format application/x-www-form-urlencoded. By including parameters and values in its requests, NeuAPIX sends data to your application that you can act upon before responding.
You can configure the URLs and HTTP Methods NeuAPIX uses to make its requests via your account portal or using the REST API.
When NeuAPIX receives a message for one of your NeuAPIX numbers, it makes a synchronous HTTP request to the message URL configured for that number and expects to receive RCML in response.
NeuAPIX sends the following parameters with its request as POST parameters or URL query parameters, depending on which HTTP method you’ve configured:
|CallSid||The unique identifier for this call.|
|AccountSid||Your account id.|
|From||The phone number of the originator of the call.|
|To||The phone number of the call recipient.|
|CallStatus||The status of the call. The possible values are queued, ringing, in-progress, completed, busy, failed, and no-answer.|
|ApiVersion||The version of the NeuAPIX API used to handle this call.|
|Direction||The direction of the call. The possible values are inbound and outbound-dial.|
|CallerName||The caller ID for the caller in the case of inbound calls.|
The RCML verbs for Programmable Voice
You can use different combinations of the verbs below to create all kinds of interactive voice and messaging applications.
- Dial - Add another party to the call
- Gather - Collect digits the caller types on their keypad or do speech recognition that translates audio-to-text
- Hangup - Hang up the call
- Pause - Wait before executing more instructions
- Play - Play an audio file for the caller
- Record - Record the callers voice
- Redirect - Redirect call flow to a different RCML document.
- Reject - Decline an incoming call without being billed.
- Say - Read text to the caller
In your response to the request from NeuAPIX you want to provide RCML that will instruct NeuAPIX on how to handle the current call.
MIME Types. NeuAPIX supports the MIME types described in the table below.
|Supported MIME Types|
|text/xml, application/xml||NeuAPIX interprets the returned document as an XML instruction set.|
When your application returns the RCML document the root element of the document must always be
or the parser will complain.us.